Accepting applications now through July 12, 2017!
The Social Innovation Forum’s flagship program, the Social Innovator Accelerator, provides a unique opportunity for innovative nonprofits to gain visibility, expand their networks, and build capacity. We are actively recruiting applicants for the 2017-2018 cohort and will select one nonprofit Social Innovator for each of the social issue “tracks” below. Innovators will receive access to cash and in-kind benefits valued at $150,000 over the course of 24 months. Read more below about our benefits to Social Innovators, eligibility requirements, and how to apply.
2017-2018 SOCIAL ISSUE TRACKS AND TRACK PARTNERS
Addressing Homelessness in Massachusetts
Track Partner: Highland Street Foundation
Advancing Education in New Bedford
Track Partner: Schrafft Charitable Trust
Anything Goes: Innovative, Effective, and Sustainable Approaches to Our Region's Toughest Social Issues
Track Partner: Boston Open Impact
Breaking the Cycle of Incarceration
Track Partner: Stifler Family Foundation
Establishing Financial Education as a Building Block for Success
Track Partner: MassMutual Foundation
Improving Access to Healthy Living
Track Partner: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Promoting Successful Advancement and Integration for Immigrants, Refugees, and Asylum-Seekers*
Track Partner: Immigrant and Refugee Funder Collaborative
Supporting Accessibility and Opportunities for Young People with Disabilities
Track Partner: Liberty Mutual Insurance
*Please note that this year in addition to selecting one Innovator for the “Promoting Successful Advancement and Integration for Immigrants, Refugees, and Asylum-Seekers” track, the Social Innovation Forum will invite 6-8 nonprofit organizations from the applicant pool to participate in the Capacity Camp, a condensed version of the Accelerator, which will take place between February and April 2018. Participation in this program will not disqualify any nonprofit from applying to the SIF Accelerator in the future. Please see the “About the Capacity Camp” section in the Applicant Guide for more information.
BENEFITS TO SOCIAL INNOVATORS
Each Social Innovator receives access to cash and benefits valued at more than $150,000:
- Five months of consulting services focused on enhancing the organization's ability to articulate the social problem it is addressing, its innovative approach, and its social impact. The consulting engagement culminates in the development of the following materials designed for funder/investor audiences:
- Written investment prospectus
- Five-minute pitch (with PowerPoint slides)
- Five months of executive coaching
- $10,000 cash upon completion of the consulting engagement
- Showcasing via numerous events, including a spring Showcase (May 14, 2018) that annually attracts more than 350 business leaders, institutional funders, and individual philanthropists
- Networking and relationship-building support
- Graphic design services
- Presentation coaching
- Additional support from SIF’s in-kind partners (e.g., legal, graphic design, PR, technology)
- $2,500 capacity building grant in 2019
The Social Innovation Forum’s nonprofit tracks are open to programs and organizations that:
- Are a registered 501(c)(3) or use a fiscal agent that is a 501(c)(3)
- Address a specific social need as described in at least one of our social issue tracks
- Are working in the greater Boston area, unless otherwise noted in the track description
- Have been operating for at least one cycle (usually a year) and have a proven concept
- Have a minimum of 1.5 FTEs (full-time equivalents—counting full and part-time staff, not volunteers)
- Have an annual operating budget of $100,000–$2 million*
- Are at an inflection point in their growth and development
HOW TO APPLY
- Read through the Applicant Guide to determine whether or not your organization is a good “fit” for the Social Innovation Forum and for at least one of our social issue tracks.*
*Note: The “Anything Goes” track is open to organizations that do not fit any of this year’s other seven tracks.
- Create username and password on this site.
- Complete the online application. First round applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until Wednesday, July 12, at 5:00 pm. Early submissions are strongly encouraged.
Contact Tanya Inwald, Nonprofit Accelerator Director, email@example.com or 617.492.2305.